LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Life    Melissa Moore to Wed...Beth Moore's Baby Girl
Page 1 2 

Moderators: GRACE62, hiahcent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Melissa Moore to Wed...Beth Moore's Baby Girl
 Login/Join

Picture of twinkle
posted
It was announced on the Living Proof Ministries blog that Melissa is getting married in February!

Here's more information:

Melissa and Colin

This site on Lifeway...this wonderful community of women who love the Lord and love each other...was started to offer Beth's first on-line Bible study, Believing God. So many of us met here and have held on to each other through so many things! And we have grown to love Beth and her family. We have watched Amanda grow into a woman of faith...a mother...and a great one!

Now we have the pleasure of praying for this next daughter, Melissa, and her marriage.

We did a cybershower for Amanda when she was pregnant with Jackson. Let's do one for Melissa!

Your gift can be a prayer, a blessing, a song, even a link to something you would buy her if it could be done like a real shower. You can offer her advice or give her a tip for a happy home.

Let's shower her with love! She is a huge part of Beth's Bible study ministry after graduating and you can read more about her on the Living Proof blog.

So, you're invited to this bridal shower of love given in honor of Sweet Melissa...

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
And here's what Beth wrote about the wedding:

Here are the goods

And here's where Melissa graduated. She now works for Living Proof ministries...Beth is a slave-driver!

Graduation

A description about the wedding:

quote:
Melissa has chosen to have a smaller, more intimate church wedding than Amanda's (still called the Cinderella Ball at our house) because she wanted to serve a sit-down dinner to her guests at the reception. So, that's exactly what we're going to do and we are thrilled.

Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Melissa,

So many reasons are tossing in my mind about how silly this is and how no one has a cybershower!

But God!

I have read and studied and listened to many of your mom's teachings and books. Feather's From My Nest was one of the first books I read by your mom. It was so personal hearing about you and Amanda! I laughed so much and cried right along with your mom when you two girls left the nest. I have two of my own and it is hard to step aside and let God have the freedom to guard and guide them. So as I write these things I am reminded of how much privacy your family gave up so that I can grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am praying for you today because I want to be an encourager to you to hang on tight to Him through every situation that He allows to enter your life. I feel like you have grown up right before my eyes. And you are a blessing to so many of us who have experienced the ministry of Jesus Christ through your mom. You, my dear sister-in-Christ, have taught me, too. I have read your delightful posts on Living Proof...the one about longing for a new home...wow...it was so tender and alive!

So, now, united in Christ, I want to thank you for allowing your life to be so public for ME. And for so many other people that have known you through your mom. And I pray that God will bless you in your marriage.

If I could be a part of your close circle of friends, I would bring a gift to you for your new home. But I am afraid that just isn't possible! So here's a thought-gift that I wanted to share with you. It is what I would give you...

Like a Daughter...

Holy Father, I pray that You would sing over Melissa. Sing over her a song of love. Let Your Unfailing Love surround Melissa and Colin. Reveal the mysteries of Your Love to them. As You light their paths leading them in righteousness...make them an instrument of Your Peace. Father, let the Passion that has been ignited in Melissa to love Your Word flow into this home. Your Word is LIFE! Oh Father, let the legacy of this new family begin in the hidden riches of Your Marvelous Grace and Mercy. Bless this family with health, wisdom and Your Favor over them all their days. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Much love to you and to your family, Melissa!

Picture of Michelle_Bentham^
posted Hide Post
Hey there sweet Melissa, and yes thank you for the way your life (through your mother's telling) has ministered to so many of us. My older daughter (now 18) reminded me today of a story about how you or 'Manda said that you couldn't afford something because your family was "buying" your brother. She listens as I read blog posts and show off pictures of your nephew Jackson. Your family is our family and I too send your blessings, wishes and prayers for a long and happy life. As love is in bloom for the first time in our home with one of our girls we, too, are dreaming those dreams and marveling at the goodness of God in these times of precious memory making.

So with all of that I offer a poem I wrote before I married my dear husband:

"The Journey Home"

Stand beside me my sweet love,
We'll make the journey home.
Fine things I've no need of
Only you and you alone.
Make yourself ready for our time
as God has ordained it to be,
together we will fair just fine
God and You and Me.

I always tell newlyweds to never forget they love each other - that love - Agape - that it takes to make it through all those years of marriage is God's greatest blessing to us as His children. So I wish you both love, life and much joy as you walk along with the Bridegroom of the church as your guide.

May His grace always be upon you, May His will always be the center of your lives, May His truth resonate in times of need and may His peace and glory fill your days! He is all and He is making the two of you One - Knitting your hearts together as only our God can.

Blessings in Christ Dear Ones,
Michelle

Posts: 319 | Location: Fort Worth, Tx | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Melissa,

You are going to make a beautiful bride!

I've found some dresses that would look so beautiful on you. I'm sure the one you picked out is stunning! But we all just want to share our thoughts and love during this precious time of your life...

Here's a tip...

REFUSE TO POUT...make it a point to talk about what hurts you. And let him do the same if he needs to speak up. Don't take it personally and become defensive. This is the true spirit of "listening." Start at the beginning having the courage to speak up and to listen when you need to listen. Your man will appreciate your open heart and your ability to trust him. The Bible says to not go to bed angry and I think that's some great advice.

Picture of ajones
posted Hide Post
Y'all are so sweet. Melissa, I would give you a red Kitchen Aid mixer, but you already have one. So I guess I would give you some really fluffy towels from Restoration Hardware. And I would offer you this advice: Form the habit of praying together with your hubby. I love you!

Posts: 151 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there AJ! It is nice to see you here - and thank you so much (to you, your mom and your entire family as well as the LPM gals) for including us in your lives so readily. It is a blessing to see how grounded you all are and encourages us as we press on toward the goal.

I guess the one thing I would give Melissa at a shower would be a verse of blessing framed in a lovely frame. It is my heart this year. I am in the process of finding Scriptures that have the month and day of the members of my family's birth in them so I can give them the verse and a prayer of blessing for their birthday this year. It is my greatest joy to pass on a legacy of faith.

Blessings and love to all.

Posts: 319 | Location: Fort Worth, Tx | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Amanda!

She's so blessed to have that "wild" red MIXER! I'm sure all the plans are going perfect for this wedding. You know we are going to be praying for all of you!

I found a precious set of dishes with some beautiful glasses for Melissa and Colin. I keep remembering the blue bracelets we wore when we first logged into "Believing God." We learned our "Statement of Faith" and wore our blue bracelets all through the study.

These dishes and glasses remind me to Believe God. Melissa, here's another thought-gift for your new home~

My Garden dishes by Villeroy & Boch

and

Boston coloured (blue) by Villeroy & Boch

and

Montparnasse ivory cutlery by Villeroy & Boch

And now I have two recipes...

one is from my mom and one is from me.

A legacy of recipes:

From my mom: Mom's No Weep Meringue

1 T. cornstarch
8 T. sugar
1/2 c. water
pinch of salt
3 egg whites

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cook together cornstarch, 2 T. sugar and water until clear and set aside.
Add a pinch of salt to 3 egg whites.
Whip until foamy or standing in peaks.
Add to the cornstarch mixture.
Continue beating until creamy.
Add 6 T. sugar gradually beating until very creamy.
Pile on pie and bake 30 minutes or until light brown.
Very tender and good!

From me! Twinkle's Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vinegar
1 2-oz. bottle red food coloring
2 1/2 c. plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 T. cocoa
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Cream sugar and oil in mixing bowl.
Add eggs and beat well.
Add vinegar and food coloring and beat well.
Sift flour, soda, salt and cocoa together; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
Add one tsp vanilla and beat well.
Pour into three greased and floured cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Cream Cheese Icing:

1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1 stick margarine
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 box powdered sugar
1 c. chopped nuts

Cream margarine and cream cheese in bowl and add vanilla extract.
Sift the powdered sugar and add to creamed mixture gradually.
Add nuts and mix well.
Spread on top of cake layers and place layers together.
Spread on side of cake.
Yummy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: twinkle,

Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Melissa and Colin ! Smile

I have a couple of family recipes for you as a gift. The first one came from a dear neighbor of ours, named Helen; and the second one came from my Grandma Florence, who lived to be 98 years old; both of whom are in Heaven with Jesus now.

Many blessings to you both! <<Hugs>>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you go:

Banana Bread
By Helen S.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mashed bananas [preferably over-ripe]
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vinegar

Directions:

Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar with milk, to make 1/2 cup liquid. Sift flour, salt and soda. Cream shortening and sugar, and add eggs. Beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture and liquid to bananas. Place mixture into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 70 to 80 minutes. When done, the top will crack open and a toothpick will come out clean and dry.

Apple Crisp

by Grandma Florence O.

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar (Use 1 cup sugar if apples are tart)

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
2 well beaten eggs

Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. Place 6 to 8 cups of cut up apples in a greased and floured 9 by 12 inch baking pan.

Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger over topping on apples in a pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Love, your sister in Christ,

Jennifer

Posts: 1582 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Emmab2002
posted Hide Post
Hey that's my red mixer!
Well, I read the news on the blog and I am so glad they have that blog up.
I know this will be one wonderful wedding.
And I know we'll ge to hear the details as well.
Many blessings, to the bride, groom and families.

Posts: 984 | Location: Southwestern US | Registered: September 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Lots of advice...Titus advice...has been posted on Livingproof's blog. I'm sure Melissa will be blessed by every comment.

Come on, ladies, any more recipes to share with Melissa?

Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
Y'all need to go see Mama Beth's note to Melissa on the blog yesterday [Feb 9, 2008]: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

And, yes, gals, come on, let's get some more advice, and/or recipes on here for our dear Melissa ...

In Christ's Love,

Jennifer

Posts: 1582 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Emmab2002
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, go read the blog.
It made me cry!

Posts: 984 | Location: Southwestern US | Registered: September 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, yes... do go and read!

BLessings,
Michelle

Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post

Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Can you believe how beautiful she is? And a photo of Beth and her husband is now on the blog. I can't imagine how blessed they all must feel...but ohh, so tired, too! Please, let's keep them all in our prayers. Jackson just turned two this weekend!

So many of us have been blessed by Beth Moore's ministry. Keep her in your prayers...she is so full of love for all her "siestas."

And if you wonder why she calls us "siestas," she went to post one day on her blog a message to us "sistas" and the spell-check kept telling her she spelled it incorrect...it should be "siestas." Well, the more she thought about it the more she liked calling us "siestas."

Many blessings on your new life, Melissa! You are bathed in prayer and we love you. Be a blessing to the Lord and love each other with all your might.

posted Hide Post
Amen Twinkle... She is such a blessing, I am about to listen to the 7th session in A Woman's Heart... I counted them up on Friday nigt, when I finish this study - hopefully by the end of next week... or the first week of March... I will have completed 10 of her studies since June 2003. I have to do To Live is Christ and Stepping Up to complete all of her studies.

I could hardly believe the journey I have taken with her as my teacher and guide. The glories revealed, the revelations shared. It is so stunning to look back on the path and realize that God has so used her to grow me up in Him. I am truly blessed to have been touched by her life and her ministry - the best part is that she is always pointing us right back to Christ.

Blessings,
Michelle

Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
I agree, Twinkle... Let's keep the whole "Moore" family bathed in our prayers ... Smile

And, Michelle, Beth has blessed me so much, too, being "my main Bible study teacher". I got to meet her once [very briefly, mind you] after her "Beloved Disciple" study was finished in Houston, just about a month prior to my sweet salvation in Christ Jesus. And, like many others, I asked her to please autograph my study workbook, and you know what she wrote? "Love Jesus" in big, bold letters across the entire page, and then in very small print on the bottom of it, she signed it, "Love, Beth".

I truly feel that God used her studies, and her excitement and love for Jesus to bring me to salvation. And, since then, I have been so excited to learn more and more and more about my Lord and Savior, and I want to "fall in love with Him" just as Miss Beth has ...

And, although I have done several other smaller Bible studies by other authors, [particularly because Beth highly suggests that we "do not camp with only one Bible teacher"]. And yet, Beth is still my favorite teacher, and I feel that this is true [at least in my opinion], because I feel that God has given her an un-believable gift to teach His Word, and she is so incredibly humble, too. And, her authenticity just makes me enjoy learning from her even more. Big Grin

In Christ's Love,

Jennifer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sparki2003,

posted Hide Post
Hey Ladies,

Beth and 'Manda have their posts up about the weekend wedding! Precious words like water for a thirsting soul. Check it out LPM BLog.

Blessings,
MB

Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
To welcome Melissa to Atlanta...let's add some personal information about her new state and her new city. Some of you aren't from here but you may have visited and can add something. Or you may search out some information you think she might enjoy.