LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Life    Beth Moore's Son

Moderators: GRACE62, hiahcent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beth Moore's Son
 Login/Join

Picture of sadean
posted
I just finished TO LIVE IS CHRIST last night. In some of the sessions Beth mentioned her son Michael. I was just wondering how he was doing--does anyone know?

If any of Beth's family reads this...I'm praying for him.

Your Sis in Christ,

Sheryl

"I am the Lord your God who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."
Psalm 81:10

Posts: 311 | Location: Marietta, GA, USA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gracechild5
posted Hide Post
Sadean, I am not sure how Michael is doing. I beleive Amanda responded to a different prayer request about him on the prayer forum and you might reference that thread on that forum to see what her response was. I believe Amanda wrote that Beth spoke of him in a couple of her books, Things Pondered is one of them I remember. Last I heard was in one of the studies I did a year ago or so and Michael had gone back to his birth mother. I think this is very hard for Beth and the family to discuss.

Hope I have been helpful!

Posts: 2248 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: October 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BayouBlessings
posted Hide Post
Here is the thread Jeanie was referring to:

Michael

Posts: 6498 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gracechild5
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bayou, as you know, I am cyber-challenged! Wink

Posts: 2248 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: October 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is several years late, but I am a new Beth Moore fan and just recently realized that she had a son. One of the websites said that he died after going back to his biological mother. Is this true? I cannot seem to get onto the link that is above (I assume because it is so many years later.) Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also doing this study and just realized she had a son. You gave me information I otherwise did not have. Thanks.

Posts: 24 | Location: Indiana | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think since we all feel a closeness to Beth and her family that it is normal that we are all concerned in regards to Michael. I would never want to open hurts, but if anyone knows exactly what happened in this situation. I would like to know. I have resisted asking for years, but my heart breaks for the negative possibilities.
I do and will always give thanks to our glorious God that know matter what Michael had access to the Moores and they were blessed by the love.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dearest Prep629,

Know that prayers will go up. I think a lot of us battle loneliness from time to time. The most helpful thing I can offer (other than prayer....& I will pray) is to put on praise and worship music and praise! LOUD!!

Blessings & Hugs!

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
I believe that Michael came into the Moore family when he was around 4 years old, and later adopted by them; but when he was around 11 years old, his biological parents came back for him....

For more information, [according to Beth's daughter, Amanda, in the post listed above] look in Miss Beth's books: "Things Pondered as well as Feathers From My Nest."

However, even all these years later, I am positive that our prayers for Michael and Beth's family surrounding him will not go unheard by the Lord.......... for He is so faithful !

Posts: 1582 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ADMIRE THIS WOMAN SO MUCH BUT UNDERTAND HER NEED FOR PRIVACY BECAUSE WE AS PEOPLE WHO STUDY UNDER HER WANT TO KNOW MORE, AND WE FEEL WE KNOW HER BECAUSE WE STUDY UNDER HER. I REALIZE THOUGH THAT MY INTENTION AND CURIOSITY ARE NOT EVIL INTENDED BUT REALLY, WHAT IS IT OUR BUSSINESS? WHAT DOES MICHAEL HAVE TO DO WITH OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD DEEPENING AND GROWING. PERHAPS, WE SHOULD (ME INCLUDED) GIVE UP THIS INQUIRY AND PRAY.. FOR MICHAEL, FOR BETH AND HER FAMILY BUT ALSO FOR OUR ABIITY TO RESPECT HER AND OTHERS RIGHT TO PRIVACY! i AM SLAPPING MY OWN HAND RIGHT NOW! bETHS GOAL IS TO BRING US TO THE WORD AND DEVELOP OUR RELATION WITH GOD, NOT TO GLORIFY, GLAMORIZE OR PUBLICLY PROCLAIM ANYTHING ABOUT HERSELF OR HER FAMILY. BETH, THnk you for once again texching me with out realizing it.. (ps sorry aboutt he caps wasn't shouting my keyboard was stuck!

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post