LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Life    Next Bible Study / Beth Moore?

Moderators: GRACE62, hiahcent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next Bible Study / Beth Moore?
 Login/Join

Picture of Saint Deb
posted
I am still in the "Believing God" study but have started praying about the next one. (could be in it for a long time too; at the rate I am going)
This one has been so tremendous. Amazing that it is all God's word but sometimes it seems the same WORD needs presented in just a diffferent way.

I did 'Breaking Free" several years ago and am considering that again on my own.

Could you ladies tell of a study (Beth Moore or not) that has been used by God to speak to you the most.

I guess I am a visual person because the online videos are so helpful to me. I was wondering about the "Living Beyond Yourselves" but it seems no one talks of that one.

Just Curious and would appreciate your input. I actually keep thinking I would like to do a study in my home; inviting other women...but the enemy wants to tell me all the reasons why not to do that. All I know is being in a study helps me to seek God and it seems like God uses Beth to call me to dig deeper...but I am open to all suggestions.

Believing Him,
Deb

Posts: 1357 | Location: IL | Registered: March 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
Hi Deb,

If you are thinking about doing "Living Beyond Yourself", I would absolutely do so, whether it be between Beth, yourself, and God, or with a group.

It is a fantastic study, as usual, and the way that Beth presents the fruit of the Spirit gives them a whole new meaning for our everyday lives. I was one of her "home girls", back in Fall 2003 when she did the video taping for it. And, it was especially good for me to do, as I was just a "babe in Christ" at that point in time, and having a Bible study like this one teaches you "how to live victoriously" each and every day, of which I have been trying to put into practice ever since then in my own life. Smile And, it has its own online forum like Believing God does, too.

In Christ,

Jennifer

Posts: 1582 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deb, I haven't done any other online studies with Beth, but I've done a couple with a group of ladies. Jesus the One and Only was my first and it was outstanding! Last fall we did Daniel and it was awesome also. Would recommend both. I know with the Daniel study, you can download the videos from the internet. I would imagine you can do the same thing with Jesus the One and Only.

It's really hard to go wrong with Beth - she is so spirit-led and teaches the Word!

The same ladies group is also doing the Believing God study right now. We meet only twice a month so it takes us awhile to get through a study - but you have plenty of time to study and do the homework without feeling pressured. We just started Session 6. We will be selecting a new study for later in the fall. Let me know what you decide on and how you like it.

Believing God,
Sharon

Posts: 446 | Registered: May 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
I loved Beloved Disciple. And of course The Patriarchs!

I don't think you can go wrong at all with any of her studies.

I'm hearing some good things about "Wising Up." It's from Proverbs. Boy, don't we all need to wise up more!

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in agreement that ALL of Beth's studies are worth doing. I've done Breaking Free, To Live Is Christ, Believing God, Living Beyond Yourself, Daniel, and now The Patriarchs. [This isn't to brag, simply stating which ones I have done so you know what I'm drawing from.]

I think the most important ones to me personally have been Believing God and Daniel, but I wouldn't trade the spiritual growth and deeper, closer relationship with God that I've had through all of them for anything. Makes it hard to pick the "best" of the bunch.

The women at church who've done others also found that the Women's Heart one is also very good. I read Jesus The One and Only as a book, and I can imagine that, too, would make an excellent study.

Edit to add: I had chosen some of them because they were available online, and I didn't have a group at the time to do a study with as my life was in transiton from state to state. I've found that the CDs aren't bad to have, and several studies are available that way. It costs a little more, but I pass them on after I'm done. I still think they should have something downloadable for those of us who just iPod [I just upload the CDs to mine]. Smile Anyway, doing it on CD is better than not having a good study to help me stay in the word. I admit to struggling when I don't have some guidance and encouragement.

Posts: 70 | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of catsrus
posted Hide Post
Is "Wising Up" a Beth study? I have not heard of it before, but a Proverbs study sounds really good. Do you know approximately how long ago it came out?
cats

Posts: 956 | Location: NE | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_Bentham
posted Hide Post
Cats - Don't think "Wising Up" is Beth, but I could be wrong.

I recommend Living Beyond Yourself if you want to do another online study. However, you can also go to Beth's Website and look up Bible Studies in your area - you might even check with your church or the local baptist association because they often will know where Bible studies of this nature are being held.

The group environment is so good. You can also do Daniel online, but the video segments are like $3.99 a piece. For 12 that would be around $65.00 to complete the study. You can check at Lifeway.com under women's minsitry and see if there are any other studies where Videos are available for purchase online.

Blessings,
Michelle

Posts: 39 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
Hi Ladies,

I found "Wising Up", and it was done by Beth, but it is a 4 DVD study, which you can find here:

http://www.lproof.org/store_list_collection.asp?collectionID=7

Has anyone done "The Patriarchs study"? I am thinking that the Lord is leading me to do that one next. I know that ALL of Beth's studies are fascinating, but can someone tell me a little bit more about "The Patriarchs study" ? I've already watched the snippets of video footage from the Lifewaystores.com website, but they do not give enough time for me to learn much about the study itself.

In Christ,

Jennifer

Posts: 1582 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Jennifer, I was there in Baltimore for the filming of this study and I love it!
She teaches about becoming Ambassadors for Christ and commissions us for this mission. I remember so much about her lesson on Joseph. I do have one of the DVD studies on "Wising Up" and it is by Beth Moore. It is really good. In fact, several ladies on the living proof blog are using it for Bible studies.

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparki2003
posted Hide Post
Hi Twinkle,

Thanks for the information. That sounds like fun to have been able to go to the filming. Being it is only a week long, though, y'all don't do the workbook then, do you? Or maybe just parts of it? I'm just curious.

I did download the "Sample workbook pages" from the Lifeway site, and the Lord prompted me to do one of them tonight, and it was from Week 2, I believe. It was about how God became "El Roi" to Hagar, and how God sees us like that, too. It was very well done, as usual, and it has touched my heart already. So, I think I will go ahead and order the workbook and CDs for The Patriarchs...

In Christ,

Jennifer

Picture of Michelle_Bentham
posted Hide Post
Hey Jenn,

I did find out yesterday that "Wising Up" was a Beth Study that she taught a while back but was not released as a formal study from Lifeway.

Patriarchs for me came at a very difficult time in my life. We studied it the fall semester of 2005. Justin's accident occurred about two weeks after our first week of study. I guess if I could identify the most meaningful part of the study is how Beth brought the Patriarchs, their families, their humanity and their relationship with God to Life. She goes deep into helping us understand the geneology of the Patriarchs. I learned that fall that as much as I micromanage my life, my ministry, my children and my home... much less my marriage, that truthfully, God is always in control. A quick quip from Patriarchs, "Anything you have to manipulate to get won't be yours for long."

Also, the week before Justin's death, I re-studied the story of Hagar and Ishmael and all that it spoke to me - which was the 3rd time in 3 years to cover that territory. In the hospital the night of Justin's accident I kept returning to that mother, laying her "wild donkey' of a young man under a bush because she feared he would die. I pictured her walking just far enough away that she would still be able to hear him and yet would not have to watch him die. I kept thinking of how God spared Ishmael and promised him a blessing through his mother's faith and well... I was quoted, "If God can take care of Ishmael, He can take care of my son."

It was in those moments that I truly realized how personally God was in my circumstances. He truly is the God who sees me, the God who has not missed one moment of my agony and will never leave or forsake me - though His presence and His answers may not look like my prayer requests.

BLessings,
Michelle

Posts: 39 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post