LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Ministry    Ladies' Retreat Ideas

Moderators: Luke145, WorkofGrace51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies' Retreat Ideas
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am looking for some great Ladies' Retreat Ideas. Last year we did Beth Moore's "Loving Well" and it was so wonderful and we wish that Beth had another short series like that which we could use for this year. We are looking for something similar, but haven't been able to come up with anything. We are aware of the Ladies' Retreat kits by Group and have done one of those in the past, but are looking for something else similar. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Posts: 4 | Location: Northern IN | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
I hope you find some help here...I have no idea about other retreat studies. I did find this site...Jennifer Rothschild.

You may find something helpful.

Maybe you should think about having something your ministry team plans. You could use a Session of a Bible Study and focus on that one session for your retreat.

Lifeway has many different Bible Studies that you might could adapt for a special retreat.

Bible Studies

If you have a women's ministry team, you can use the special gifts of your team members. If one of your team members is good at singing, she could lead your group with praise and worship time. If another is into exercise, have a time of exercise. Maybe someone who is good at home decorating could give some tips on how to bring Christ into your home through the decorating choices you make. And let the Holy Spirit lead your gifted teacher to prepare a message just for your group.

You don't have to rely on retreats-in-a-box. You have all you need in your church right now to do a great retreat! Sit quietly in the presence of Christ and invite Him to show you what He wants for the women in your church.

I hope others will share ideas for retreats. May God bless you and your ministry as you serve Christ.

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the site suggestion, I will check it out. We have a fairly small church and don't have a Women's Ministry team, but we do have some talented women in our church. Many of them are all ready maxed out in church responsibilities and so we really want to find an easy to put on which can refresh all of the ladies in our church that want to attend. We used to always have one of our missionary wives who were on furlough be our speaker, but timewise that doesn't always work out so the last couple of years we have done the "prepared" retreat way and have enjoyed that, but it seems that there are pretty limited resources in that area. We do have a couple of outside speaker ideas, but just wondered if there was anything else similar to Beth's Living Well.

Posts: 4 | Location: Northern IN | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAdams
posted Hide Post
Not all the info is there yet, but Angela Thomas' new resource has a retreat format (can be used as a 6 week Bible Study, or a retreat). See at this link, watch for update soon: When Wall Flowers Dance

Posts: 46 | Registered: December 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out new author Jennifer Weaver at christianspeakerjenniferweaver.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Northwest OH | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi
Im new here, our ladies are doing a retreat based on Beth Moores Believeing God series. I have been asked to look after session 2, which is Believing Gods Word is alive and Active in You.
I am looking for an idea for an activity based on this thought.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
blessings
debbiecan

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post