LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Ministry    Ideas for women's gathering?

Moderators: Luke145, WorkofGrace51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for women's gathering?
 Login/Join

Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted
Ladies,

I am in charge of the program for the ladies prayer breakfast at the end of our "year" which is in May. This group meets every other Friday morning from September to May. Does anyone have some good ideas for a closing ceremony? Since we always take the summer off and I want to give every lady a "Spiritual To Go Box" until we meet again in the fall! Your suggestions are needed and very much appreciated! I have to decorate the tables too! I will be very thankful for any suggestions in that area also!
After years of doing centerpieces and table favors fresh ideas are always welcome! Have a blessed week!

In His Grip, Sandy ><> Wink

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Posts: 979 | Location: Mississippi, USA | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tresa414
posted Hide Post
Dear Sandy,
This is just off the top of my head sooo I don't know how good it will be.
The idea of your spiritual to go box had me thinking, why not give every woman a take out box filled with idea's of things they could do over the summer to stay conected to God.

Just as eating is a daily habit so should our relationship with the Heavenly Father be a daily habit. Check with your local florist sometimes they give away cards that entitle the person to get a free rose attach to it the bilbe reference to the rose of Sharron or there is a great book by Nan Curley called Little Rose of Sharron.

Maybe instuct the women to get together once or twice over the summer, that way some that don't have alot of conections around don't feel alone.
Anyway, You get the idea I hope this helps.

Blessings,
Tresa<><

Posts: 14 | Location: Lyn, Wa, | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ~~MaltaGirl~~  ~~BrightStar~~
posted Hide Post
Hey you could make summer your theme, and have a kids sand bucket in the centre of the table, with plastic crabs and a spade... get fake seaweed for artistic decoration... table favours could be something on the same lines...

I looked up Long Beach... you're by the sea, you could pull it off! Wink Big Grin

The "to go" box could be a plastic beach bucket too, with the gifts inside it! Oh yeah and how about make up something that will encourage them to use the bucket, like "every time God blesses you in a special way this summer, add a pebble to the bucket". then when you get back in September, each lady can bring her favourite pebble with her (not the whole bucket, lol) and share one of the ways in which God blessed her.

Or a variation of that could be your closing ceremony... say prayers of blessing for the coming summer, and throw a pebble in a bucket for each one... then send each lady home with a "prayer pebble"...

I will stop here because before you know it I will suggest that you play Beach Boys music too...

Grace and peace,
MaltaGirl.

"everybody goes surfin', surfin' USAAAAAAAA..."

Posts: 1689 | Location: Malta | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Girls!!

Those are great ideas! I am now looking for large Chinese take out boxes to pack with great things to get the ladies through the summer!!!

My mental gears are going strong!!!

In His Bonds, Sandy ><> Cool

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Posts: 979 | Location: Mississippi, USA | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BruisedReed
posted Hide Post
Sandy:
What a great opprtunity! I love matlaGirls' idea with the sand buckets.
What about putting things like this in:
...a book of daily devotions, a pen, a journal book(check out dollar stores), a fridge magnet with a Summer "ponder verse", a book mark, a tube of sunscreen (trial size), a small light bulb (Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet), a small battery (where our power comes from), a trial size bar of soap (washed in the word), a fragrant candle (be the fragrance of Christ)...
the list could go on!

If you write - could you write a daily devotinal book for your ladies that goes back over all the things you have studied and prayed over during the year.

Whatever you do, do it heartily and as to the LORD!

I'm believing God,
Caroline
Matt 6:33

Posts: 178 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: September 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
Caroline,

Thanks for the additional ideas and for the encouragement. This precious group of ladies I meet with have been so faithful for 2 years to attend this "every-other-week" prayer breakfast. And, they are serious prayer warriors. I am praying over the possibility of putting together a devotional myself!?!?!? I will keep this forum posted on what I do and I encourage more creative input from this group! Thanks!

Picture of BruisedReed
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Sandy:
Wonderful! Write! May He guide your fingers as they write the words that He gives you! What a precious gift that would be to the women!

I'm believing God,
Caroline
Matt 6:33

Posts: 178 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: September 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
Just wanted those of you who gave me so many great suggestions to know that we are going to use the idea of the "to go boxes" in our women's ministry. Instead of using styrofoam boxes we are using Chinese Take Boxes and filling the with praises and promises from the Word. The ladies filling boxes are having a great time. I want to thank everyone for helping me out.

Caroline (FPC Woman) I just wanted you to know that I am writing a devotional for my Friday morning ladies. It must be what the Lord wanted me to do all along because His Words are flowing through my pen!! Thank you for the encouragement!

Picture of beckysue
posted Hide Post
I have decided to do more quilting this year and when I saw your request, I thought of an idea to give each person in the take-out boxes. You could also include the material and pattern for a quilt square for them to complete over the summer. You may even want to put a needle and small spool of thread in the bag for those who may not have those items at home. When you have your first meeting in September, everyone could bring the completed square in and you could make a quilt out of it for the pastor of the church. October is usually pastor/staff appreciation month. Each lady could sign the quilt square they make and commit to pray for the pastor as they are putting it together. Quilt and fabric shops even have kits that you can get that already have the pieces cut out. Just put the necessary pieces for each square in a baggie and copy the directions that are usually on the back of the package. have fun with the day! May God bless your ministry!

Posts: 412 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
beckysue

I loved the quilt square to go!! Cute idea. I will have to toss this one around. Unfortunately of all the ladies inthe group I meet with on Friday mornings I am the only one who sews at all. But, it would be a good idea for the women's ministry group at church. Thank you so much!!!

Have a blessed day! In His Bonds, Sandy ><>

Picture of oilofjoy
posted Hide Post
I think it would be a lovely idea to spoil the ladies with a tea party. Have people bring in their tea pots and beautiful china tea cups, sprinkle rose petals around the table and netting. If you could find an older men's group to be "waiters" it would really bless the ladies to receive one final divine day of blessing before they begin a long summer of 24 hours a day caring for the entire family and their needs.
God Bless You!!
Brigett

"The Lord is my strength and my song"
Exodus 15:2

Posts: 11 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia, USA | Registered: February 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GRACE62
posted Hide Post
Bridgett,

Our women's ministry did that a few years ago during our church's womens conference we had. They had some of the men serve, and everyone brought their china/tea cups, and the tables were very elegantly decorated. The older ladies especially enjoyed it!!

Good idea.

The Lord takes great delight in you and rejoices over you with singing.

Posts: 2190 | Location: FL | Registered: September 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oilofjoy
posted Hide Post
I just love a tea party!

Posts: 11 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia, USA | Registered: February 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oilofjoy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beckysue:
I have decided to do more quilting this year and when I saw your request, I thought of an idea to give each person in the take-out

Bec kysue it is neat to see that you are from Cookeville, TN I visited there for a couple of weeks many years ago to visit my best friend, Beth. Did you grow up there?
OIlofjoy,(brigett)

Picture of I'm Forgiven!
posted Hide Post
Can I share with you ladies what I did this past Friday evening for the women in my church? I had an Encourage "Mint" Tea Party in my home. I told the ladies to bring their favorite teacup and saucer if they had one and to also come prepared to share about a time they received encouragement from someone else and why it was such a blessing to them. Out of 59 women invited, there were 22 women who came. I was totally blown away. It really showed me how important biblical encouragement is in the church. The ladies all seemed to have a wonderful time. I also encouraged the ladies to have an encouragement tea in their own homes. I shared with them some other topics they could use at their tea party. Some of the other ladies are planning to have one in their home. It has really been a stuggle trying to get a women's ministry going in my church. Alot of the ladies felt it was not needed. This tea party just reconfirmed to me that it is something that we need in our church.

Paula

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beckysue
posted Hide Post
oilofjoy!
I am originally from northwest Tennessee. I moved to Cookeville almost three years ago to join the staff of Stevens Street Baptist Church as the minister of preschool & children. I love it here and think of it as home. Next time you are in the area, stop by for a visit!
May God bless!
BeckySue

Posts: 412 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oilofjoy
posted Hide Post
THANKS! BECKY SUE. I probably won't get back up there. My friend passed away. We were best friends since second grade, had kids together, too. We were spiritual soulmates.

I do have a great friend in Nashville though Wink
She lives in Dolly Parton's neighborhood. That would be an interesting trip.
God bless you!
sorry it took so long to respond I am sick in bed w/ acute bronchitis (sick for 5 weeks now) Doctor finally confined me to bed today.
Brigett

posted Hide Post
If it's a small group and you have the time you could write a personal note about the lady to out in her box as an encouragement for her over the summer. Or you could assign seating at the tables and put something personal to the ladies that will be at the table as the center piece for them to be able to take home at the end of the meeting. Then each table setiing would be personal. I've just found that my ladies love the personal touch. But I do have a small group of about 18 ladies.
In His Service, Kathy

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: March 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
Kathy,

Writing a personal note is a wonderful idea! There is a lady that attends women's ministry functions at the church that is a note writer and a great observer. Part of her ministry is writing those little notes that the rest of us just think about and she makes a point of writing to everone on our mailing list. Having a personal note as there place card at the table would really be a tender touch! Thanks for sharing.

In His Bonds, Sandy ><>