LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Ministry    Ideas for small gift bags

Moderators: Luke145, WorkofGrace51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for small gift bags
 Login/Join

Picture of hiahcent
posted
Since ya'll are so good at coming up with ideas, I need your help!
I need several small items to fill gift bags for an upcoming leadership training event at my church. These bags are 8" by 12". And of course, the contents have to be cheap...well not cheap, but inexpensive.
I am having pens and pads printed with our Women's Ministry logo on them.
What items would you like to receive when you arrive at an all day training event?
What items would most surprise you in a gift bag?

Posts: 786 | Location: Bossier City, LA, USA | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WorkofGrace51
posted Hide Post
hiahcent,

For an all day training, I can think of several little goodies that would tickle me pink. On the necessities list: small pack of tissue, mints, hand cream (a department store or a Mary Kay or Beauty Control consultant may give you those little sample packs), moist wipes, bookmark, and a little handwritten note from someone who prayed for me.

As far as surprises go,...I would love to look inside a gift bag and see CHOCOLATEBig Grin! Hershey's Kisses will do just fine.

I know this will sound crazy, but I gave all the ladies in my family and little "on the road" bag for Christmas. I included in the zipper bag, Shout wipes, a small travel toothbrush, a tiny tin of Altoids, and "On the Go" Charmin toilet seat covers and toilet paper(a tiny roll of paper in a dispenser pack) .I also included antibacterial wipes and small pack of tissues. They were a big hit!

Blessings to you! In His Grip, Sandy Cool

Posts: 979 | Location: Mississippi, USA | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
Mints are great, especially when you get that tickle in your throat during a meeting!

Maybe a small card with web sites of interest to women in leadership positions.

Something that would surprise me would probably be a mirror with a saying like "You Have An Opportunity to Reflect Jesus to Someone Today".

I always like to receive the Journey magazine at the Living Proof events. We don't have these at my church and have been using Today's Christian Woman. The Journeys are not too expensive and they are full of great stories of faith.

The bath salts are great for women, too. You can put them in baby food jars with the lids spray painted or covered in fabric...or you can put them in fine tulle or cellophane tied with ribbon. Make your own or buy the large economy size at a discount store and turn them into individual samples.

One thing I have done that my ladies still talk about was get a card with the names of Jesus on it with an envelope. Inside the card, scent it with the essential oil of Spikenard (check the online auction site). Most women have never smelled this and it's the scented oil Mary of Bethany anointed Christ with. It has an earthy, musky odor to it but it was the custom to use it for burial. Make sure you identify what the scent is in the card. It is a fragrance that reminds me of the sacrificial death of Jesus for me. Most of us put the sealed card in our Bible. Even though it was closed you could smell it faintly any time you opened your Bible. The smell always caught my heart...it is not pleasant. But neither was His death.

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hiahcent
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Greattttttttttt ideas!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to include several in the gift bags!!!!!! I'm checking into having the mirrors imprinted, and including our WM logo.

Thanks,,,
and keep the ideas coming!!!!!!

Posts: 786 | Location: Bossier City, LA, USA | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post