LifeWay Christian Resources    LifeWay Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Women  Hop To Forums  Ministry    Names for Women's Ministry

Moderators: Luke145, WorkofGrace51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Names for Women's Ministry
 Login/Join

posted
We are trying to get a women's ministry organized at our church. We are looking for a catchy, contemporary name to use for our new ministry. I know that there are lots of cute ones out there. Any ideas? Smile

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjconner
posted Hide Post
I know that there are a lot of cute names out there- when we began our Women's Ministry a couple years ago, we opted to go without a name - just Women's Ministry.
We didn't want people to feel like they were joining a "club" or a group, but that it is open to all women all the time.

I don't think that there is anything wrong about giving a name - we just opted not to do that. Good Luck!!

Posts: 978 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaptureReady
posted Hide Post
I know a local church that uses the name "Vine Life Women's Ministry". All their literature is imprinted with various graphics of vines of grape clusters.

Posts: 90 | Location: Wilmington, North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also looking for a name for our wms.

I came across some: Fragrant Offering, Women of Excellence, and Daughters of Destiny.

At a past church, I used W.I.N.G.S. - Women In Need Getting Strength and Isaiah 40:31 was our verse.

I saw at Phoenix 1st A/G (Arizona) they had a new, hip ladies group called "Phoenix Girls" with bright pink shirts with the name and a crown on it. They use pink & the crown in all they do. A church in Alabama copied the idea and they're "Valley Girls" (TN Valley area).

I like that idea, but still tossing them all around. Let me know what you discover.

Posts: 7 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. We are looking for lots of ideas because we really do want to use a name other than "Women's Ministry". We were at a recent Beth Moore event and saw lots of groups with matching shirts with cute names. Thanks for all of your input so far!

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shortcircuit
posted Hide Post
Lisa:
My friend and I just this year (Sept-Apr)began having a women's breakfast at our church. Our goal is to include the community so we called it "Women's Community Fellowship Breakfast." We have Beth Moore VIA DVD from one of her studies and a Continental breakfast once during each season. We are in our 3rd year of doing her studies at the church and have extended the same name to Women's Community Fellowship Bible Study. We attend a church of about 300 here in Massachusetts. We have had a good turn out of about 30 or more ladies at each breakfast.It is a wonderful outreach to the community and it is growing. Hope this is helpful. Shortcircuit

Posts: 34 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: December 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twinkle
posted Hide Post
"SPA MINISTRY" - Sisters Pursuing Adonai
"Tea and Thee"
"M & M" - Mary and Martha
"Destiny's Child"
"Aliens" (we are not of this world)
"Chapter 13" or "Titus 2" (Corinthians 13 - the love chapter) (Titus 2 - Women's commandments)
"Soul Sisters"
"Heart and Soul"
"CIRCLE"

Just a few quick thoughts...hope it offers some thoughts to consider. God bless your new group. By the way...this is where a women's ministry TEAM would be nice. Our talents and spiritual gifts work best when we use them together. The TEAM can brainstorm a name for the women.

Posts: 3292 | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa-

I would encourage you to sit down (pray) and look at the ministry and what you and your team are wanting to accomplish. Pray. Start by outlining the reasons (goals) for starting a women's ministry. Once you have those write out your mission or purpose statement (pray). Then once you have done that you might be surprised by what you find. The "name" was there all along. At CCC our name is Women of Purpose. We wanted something that really said who we were. Our purpose statement is "Our goal is for women to establish a love relationship with Jesus Christ and to fulfill their God-given purpose while building personal relationships with other women."

We looked at many names for our ministry but we wanted women to know that we each have a purpose and we wanted to work together as a team to fulfill the purpose that God had called them to, regardless of the stage of life that they were in. Single, married, had children, didn't have children, 18 years of age or 110. It didn't matter we were called to help one another along the journey. Ok, I am going to jump off this train now.:-)

Good luck on finding a ministry name that suits your ladies.
Mel-

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hiahcent
posted Hide Post
Our new women's ministry in our brand new church (the life journey church) is named W31... for the Proverbs 31 woman.

Posts: 786 | Location: Bossier City, LA, USA | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle.Bentham
posted Hide Post
LisaLisa,

Our women's ministry has been through a couple of name changes... We landed at Proverbial Ladies on the first naming attempt - reflecting our desire to become like the proverbs 31 woman. Then we changed last year to WOW - Women of the Word for short... This better reflects the calling I feel God has placed in me with regard to women, He challenges me daily to point women to Him in a Word based relationship that is rich, deep and personally meaningful. I came up with a four point outline that defines the purpose of our ministry and developed some definite goals. When I was in youth ministry I started a ministry to and for High School girls - it was called "Girls of Grace" and again I outlined and defined the purpose of the ministry. Then I worked the name from there.

At a WOF conference I saw a group of women called the "B A M's" They were B-ible T-humpin' M-amas! LOL

Anyway, you will find the name that best suits your ministry and the women you minister to... I pray you find it soon!

Blessings,
Michelle

Posts: 1025 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are ALL KINDS of names for Women's Ministry!!!
There's:
Esther Company
W.I.F.E.-Women In Faithfilled Evangelism
Just to name a couple.
Let me know what you decide to call your WM! Smile
It will be interesting to see what God leads you to choose! Wink

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our women's ministry is named "Daughters of Virtue" and our theme verse for our ministry is Proverbs 31:10. We chose chocolate brown, pink & a light aqua for our colors and each one represents a different component of our ministry.

Chocolate brown is the rich fellowship we desire.
Pink is for our focus on being godly women (we love being girls!!).
Aqua is to remind us to be light in this dark world!

Posts: 77 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We finally have a name WIGS Women in God's Service! Thanks for all of your help!

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. It is so nice to hear about other women's ministry names. We went on a women's retreat and so many ladies had neat shirts with a scripture and their name on it. Our pastors wife that leads the group came up with ours. The name is Sisters In Service. SIS. We like it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm about to begin a new Womens' Ministry at my church. We are calling it right now The Womens' Fellowship of MAMBC(the church name). I am looking for something a little more catchy and purposeful. I know of a couple around my way named D.I.V.A. (Divinely Inspired Victoriously Anointed) I don't want to repeat. I do like the ones I read on here. Thank you, you gave me some ideas.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 or >

We call ourselves 2or> because Where there are two or more......

Posts: 12 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of betty in ms
posted Hide Post
we call our group slbc wof (women of faith) and our men ar mofia (men of faith in action....they liked the "ia"...manly lol!)

we have our own mission statement, 3 scriptures, our own logo, pink is our color of shirts, the men like tan shirts.

the change from the wmu was a good change, it is more personal. i tell them, if you are a member of our church and have graduated high school, you are a woman of faith. if you are younger, you are a future woman of faith in training. if you are not a member but a visitor, you are still invited to participate in any activity we have as they also are future wof and could make a great contribution.

blessings,
betty

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post