LifeWay VBS LifeWay.com Homepage LifeWay.com - Life LifWay.com - Ministry LifeWay.com - Family LifeWay.com - Shop LifeWay.com - Events LifeWay.com - International LifeWay.com - Conference Centers LifeWay.com - About LifeWay LifeWay Vacation Bible School Homepage

Moderators: Bethany W., speck268
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

referee shirts?
 Login/Join

posted
We are not totally crazy about the VBS t-shirts this year, and while brainstorming, we had the idea that referee shirts would be really cute for our associational team. The catch....we can't find them for less than $20 each, and we are trying to be good stewards of the associational money. $20 is too much! Does anyone know of a supplier that would be less for black and white striped shirts?
Thanks so much,
Jackie

Posts: 10 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JanG
posted Hide Post
How about using the Game Day Logo on a white "baseball shirt" with the three quarter length sleeves that are colored.

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with your local screenprinters. They may be able to help you find referee shirts at a lower cost.

Posts: 57 | Location: Harrodsburg,KY | Registered: March 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered iron on transfers to make our own shirts. Do they wash well?

Posts: 18 | Location: Jefferson City, TN | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago our VBS was SonGames and our worship team wore referee shirts. We went to different Foot Locker stores (their employees wear referee shirts) and explained what we were doing to the managers there. They were all extremely generous and donated discarded employee uniforms to us. We weren't able to be picky about the size but the price was right -- and with a tuck here or there they worked wonderfully.

Posts: 19 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk to Upward. They are donating 300 pompoms and a number of balls & ref shirts for our church. Its a great partnership - advertising for them Smile

Posts: 13 | Location: SC | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SCYOUTHCSI
posted Hide Post
I was looking for referee shirts also and I am in need of Pom Poms as well. I'm not familiar with Upwards, can you tell me more. My email is mccordstudios@embarqmail.com

Thanks and God Bless!

Posts: 18 | Location: SC | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcpokim:
Talk to Upward. They are donating 300 pompoms and a number of balls & ref shirts for our church. Its a great partnership - advertising for them Smile

do you know how I can get to touch with them, we also need some information so that we can have the chruch vote on the offering going to them. Thanks Dianne
Please e-mail me
meharrison@comcast.net

Posts: 75 | Location: Belvedere SC | Registered: August 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see yo are in Sc If I may ask were? I live in Belvedere/North Augusta

Posts: 75 | Location: Belvedere SC | Registered: August 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would like to know who you called about the pompoms and ref shirts. Please E-mail me.

Thanks Dianne
meharrison@comcast.net

posted Hide Post
I live is Georgia. How can I get in touch with Upwards. I am inn eed of pom poms and referee shirts.
Thanks Terrie
liltoot70@aol.com

Posts: 15 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liltoot70ga:
I live is Georgia. How can I get in touch with Upwards. I am inn eed of pom poms and referee shirts.
Thanks Terrie
liltoot70@aol.com

Have You goten a e-mail yet?

posted Hide Post
I have not gotten an email back from the board about who to call. I did call the Upward sports head quarters and was told by them that they had no knowledge of Upward donating referee shirts, pom poms or balls. Maybe I didn't call the right place. if anyone knows who to call could you please let me know.
Thanks
Terrie
liltoot70@aol.com

Posts: 15 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jaybyrd
posted Hide Post
I ran into the same problem, not being able to find referee shirts cheap. On one of our craft days we had the kids each bring in a white tee shirt and they made their own sports shirts with fabric paint and markers. The kids loved it and they all worn their shirt on the last day. If you have enough time why not make referee shirts with black fabric paint and markers. Our craft stores around here always have to white t-shirts on sale.

Posts: 15 | Registered: April 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post